Sunday, December 31, 2017

Rated XXX


Dear Marciano,


NO EXPECTATIONS, NO DISAPPOINTMENTS.

I used to expect too much, way too much that it was not healthy anymore. For almost five years now, I have set my expectations too low, you know, just to save myself from disappointments and heartaches. Being disappointed is no fun, especially if it was brought by people you cared the most, the ones you thought you can always rely on. There are times that you'll doubt yourself. You will ask yourself why you're not worthy enough or if others even cared about you at least 1/10 of how much your care about them. As I've said, disappointment is no fun. I've been let down too many times by people I did not expect to, but I gotta move on and learn from it.

SOOOOOOOO... Imagine how full my heart was from the back to back to back surprises that I got for my 30th birthday. 





WARNING : LONG POST AHEAD



December 18, 2017
Rated XXX : Part I
Location : NBC Site Office

A. I SHOULD'VE KNOWN
My sneaky officemates prepared the whole shebang while I was out with our boss during our weekly site walk-thru. There should be a meeting after the walk-thru but my boss decided not to have one that day since we're on the punchlisting stage and there's no more to discuss.

After the surprise, I have realized that if I just paid attention to the tiny details that morning, I must've known that they're up to something. Here are supposedly my clues :
1. It all started when I was surprised to see Tita Anne at the office, she was there before me which was unlikely especially during Mondays because I arrive earlier than the usual every Monday. In fact, she looked guilty when I arrived at the office!hahaha
2. She didn't text me that morning that she's on her way to the office already (which we always do), that's why I was surprised to see her there.
3. From afar during our inspection, I saw Kevin carrying a big box on his way to office. The matakaw in me thought he brought a box of hopia for us as his Christmas present.

Those were only my clues, but according to them if I became more observant when I arrived at the office after the walk-thru, I would've busted the whole surprise.

B. SHOWTIME
We were killing time, waiting for lunch when we heard a car arrived, Vic opened the office door and told me that it was the delivery from Lazada which I was expecting. I did not believed at first because why would the delivery guy be using a car, right? But benefit of the doubt and all, I went outside to see for myself, when I did not saw any car outside the office, they open the light on the other side of the office and I got confused at first.
From "Bakit may ballooons?", "Ano yung mga nakasabit?" to "OH SHOOOT! MY GOOGLE PHOTOS!", "PARA SA KIN TO!". I ran and jumped and then cried. Honestly, I cried when I saw my photos.hahaha I have so many questions but everytime I see my photos, napapaiyak talaga ako. Their surprise was literally nakakaASAR-TALO but so heartwarming. I cried like a baby, I was sobbing and laughing at the same time. I cannot believe that they managed to pull that without my knowing, even a little bit of suspicion kahit sabihin na nilang assumera ako.

So I cried some more because I was entitled to, then give each one of them a hug and numerous THANK YOUS for doing a job well done. The self proclaimed event manager of the group in me was really really proud of their skills.

C. EVIDENCE


Ngayon alam ko ang dahilan bakit di ako pinag-artista ng Lolo at Lola mo. 
Ampangit ko pala umiyak.







_____________________________________________


December 20, 2017
Rated XXX : Part II
Location : SM City North Edsa

This was not as shady as the first one. We just finished dinner, laughing our hearts out when all of a sudden, the cake that Ninang Anna has been carrying around was brought up to the table and being opened. At first I thought, "Oh wow! The cake is for the gang pala." but then there was a candle and I can't remember exactly how I was told that it was for me, a surprise cake for my birthday. All I know is that my heart started beating faster than the usual. My hands got cold and my mind was all over the place because ANOTHER SURPRISE????! ANG LAKAS KO THESE DAYS HA! The surprise was simple but it was very thoughtful. Apparently, Ninang Anna have work on the 27th and cannot celebrate with me and Ninang Karina that's why she initiated an advance celebration for me. Oh to have the sweetest friends in the world!!!



_____________________________________________


December 27, 2017
Rated XXX : Part III
Location : Sta. Maria, Bulacan

I can say that this was the craziest. What was supposedly a simple dinner at Shakey's turned out to be a feast with your Ninongs and Ninangs. For almost a week or two before my birthday, Ninang Karina and I have been talking about my celebration. She even asked me what I really wanted for my birthday which I answered right away, MATULOG. So I was really expecting a dinner at Shakey's.

On my birthday, Ninang Karina came to our house with balloons and a slice of cake. While we're preparing the balloons, I was asking myself already what have I done to deserve friends like her. Little did I know that what we're doing was just the the tip of the iceberg.









On our way to Shakey's, Ninang Karina had to tell me that we're going to dine at Platera because Ninongs Jon and Jocas were there. I was laughing so hard, because they have planned some sort of another surprise but it kind of failed. Upon arriving at Platera, things started to get blurry. We were welcomed by Ninong Dennis, I haven't even asked why he was there when Ninang Gly appeared and then Tito Jon and his wife. I was overwhelmed already. I was like, "Do they know that I don't have cash with me?" because all this time, I know my birthday dinner is care of Ninang Karina. I cannot explain the feeling because the surprises kept on coming. One moment I was talking to you then here comes your Ninang Camille sashaying her way to us declaring that she's fresh from duty. Then there's Ninongs Jon and Jocas who vowed to never make me cry on my birthday. I was crying again. I mean, are these guys for real??? Then Ninong Joel and Ninang Nani arrived, with loot bags for my birthday daw.hahahaha Imagine?! ALL STAR CAST! It was like your birthday celebration, not mine. I am not used to having guests on my birthday.

Just when my adrenaline rush was about to calm down, another surprise was thrown. I was asking them if we will not have a group photo before we eat but it's as if they're not listening to me and they're making eye contacts. Then all of a sudden, the birthday song played and a two tier cake was brought to the table. NAKAKALOKAAA! It was pink and in it are my photos AGAIN. I cried and I wanna cry some more because I know the effort these guys have all put together to pull the surprise for me. And also, the cake they have made for me was the biggest cake I ever had in my 30 years of existence. If this is not worth crying, I don't know what is. I've been bugging them to let me in the group chat they made for planning my birthday dinner but nope, they didn't add me to it.





I cannot thank these people enough for all the love they have given me and for all the efforts they put to make sure I am the happiest, even days before my birthday.

So you see, this is the benefit of not expecting at all. If I expected a pasabog from atleast one of them, I wouldn't feel as delighted as I was during their surprises. As I have told your Ninang Karina, I know I deserve all of this (because hello, ang bait ko kayang kaibigan) but I felt like that what they've done for me is too much. It felt so good to be remembered and treasured because sometimes, I feel like I am not enough. Their surprises became a great reminder that I am underestimating myself and while I was looking down at myself, they were there, seeing nothing but my passion and strength.

I am so lucky to be blessed by friends like them. They are from the different aspects of my life but I know they love me the same. May you have friends who does not see you just as a friend but a family as well. Your friends are your chosen family, so please choose well.



Love,
Nanay


P.S. : In case my sneaky friends are reading this, I would like to thank you guys again, you who have made me feel MORE. Thank you so much. I am not sure I can do better than your surprises but I will try. THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN AND I LOVE YOU ALL <3



No comments:

Post a Comment